- This event has passed.
Is The Not For Profit Sector Up To The Challenge Of Climate Change?
Tuesday November 6, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
FREE TRAINING SEMINARS FOR NOT FOR PROFITS
Sponsored by Canterbury Community Business Trust thanks to funding from Rata Foundation
60 CEOs, whose companies collectively make up nearly 50 per cent of New Zealand’s gross emissions, have committed to action through the CEO’s Climate Change Statement, published on July 12 2018.
They committed to :
- Measure and report their greenhouse gas emissions; and
- Work with suppliers to reduce emissions, to help limit global warming to less than two degrees, as specified in the Paris Agreement.
These steps represent a big shift in the way New Zealand business thinks about climate change shifting from awareness to readiness to act; and now rethinking what the future of a business looks like so that within the next 20 years leaders their businesses have no greenhouse gas emissions.
As not-for-profit leaders we need to show the same level of commitment.
This seminar will provide:
- tools to measure your organisation’s greenhouse gas emissions,
- suggest what actions can be taken at operational and governance levels that works for all, and
- the importance of using the opportunity climate change provides to build a new economy that works for all and leaves no one behind.
Participants are requested to bring their annual accounts and current year budgets to the seminar.