- This event has passed.
Newborn Behavioural Observations (NBO) Live Online Training
Monday May 10 @ 2:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Newborn Behavioural Observations (NBO) Live Online Training for multi-disciplinary professionals, including those working with vulnerable infants and their families.
May 2021 Workshop
Pre-Workshop Introduction: 60-90 mins in your own time.
Workshop Day One: Sunday 9th May 2021, 3:30pm to 7:30pm NZST
Workshop Day Two: Monday 10th May 2021, 2:30pm to 7:30pm NZST
Workshop Day Three: Tuesday 11th May 2021, 2:30pm to 7:30pm NZST
Optional Post: to be confirmed (one hour Zoom)
Registrations via: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/128581126611
- A.Prof. Campbell Paul, Consultant Infant Psychiatrist, Royal Children’s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
- Dr Susan Nicolson, General Practitioner and Infant-Parent Mental Health Clinician, Royal Women’s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
- Danielle Atkins, Occupational Therapist, Hawkes Bay DHB, New Zealand
- Sue Power, Paediatric Nurse, Midwife, Birth Educator, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
NBO Workshop format: Presented Live Online via Zoom and our Learning Management System.
The half-day sessions are tailored to the on-line environment and include whole group presentations, rich video material, small breakout group discussions, case studies, role-play in pairs, mini-breaks and a longer break midway each day- to maximise group enjoyment and learning and minimise screen fatigue.
Ticket Price: $495 AUD (including GST).
- NBO Kit and postage (within Australia)
- Pre-Workshop preparatory materials including learning module, videos and optional further reading
- Live Online Workshop over three half days (15 contact hours) and learning materials
- Printable handouts for each workshop day
- Printable NBO Forms for use during and after the workshop,
- Post-Workshop Zoom meeting (optional)
- Post-Training mentoring and accreditation as NBO practitioner (optional)
Not included but highly recommended:
“Understanding Newborn Behaviour and Early Relationships: The Newborn Behavioral Observations System Handbook” (soft cover) by J. Kevin Nugent, Susan O’Brien, Constance H. Keefer. ISBN:9781557668837
Latest research article on the NBO with at-risk infants and their families:
“The effects of the Newborn Behavioral Observations (NBO) system in early intervention: A multisite randomized controlled trial” Infant Mental Health Journal August 2020:
More information about the NBO as a relationship support for families: