OT Week – Toolkit and Upcoming Event Details
THEME: CELEBRATING EXCELLENCE
Kia ora members,
Welcome to 2021 Occupational Therapy week. Annually we acknowledge all the mahi that occupational therapists do on a daily basis.
We will be celebrating Occupational Therapy Week 2021 from the 25 – 31 October | Whiringa-ā -nuku. The theme for the week is Celebrating Excellence | Hei Whakanui i te Rawe.
Occupational therapists strive to ensure others are functioning at the best they can be and achieving their goals. This week, take time to celebrate the excellent mahi we do and give thanks to one and all.
Find our toolkit of printable resources here.
Links to other OT websites
OT Week AUS – https://otaus.com.au/otweek
Watch this fantastic video below for some examples of how occupational therapists turn people’s lives around!
How can you get involved with OT week?
- Use the resources above to print out and decorate your workplace, or pop the posters up on your social media for everyone to see.
- Make a social media post to celebrate OT Week with a picture of your team, with the hashtag #OTweek21.
- Share any Occupational Therapy stories you have with friends, family and colleagues, and tag us on our Instagram and Facebook pages.
- We always love to hear from you, so if you do not have social media, feel free to get in touch with us to share these stories by emailing [email protected].
- Aside from OT stories, you can also share what you love about Occupational Therapy, or what you love about working within the profession.
- We will be making posts on our social media throughout the week, so feel free to share these posts with others!
- Our social media can be found at:
- Give a presentation to your work colleagues, make a display for your work place, or write a blog on celebrating excellence in the Occupational Therapy profession.
Topic ideas include:
Barriers that can stop you from achieving and how to overcome them
How to work together towards a common goalA time when an Occupational Therapist you know displayed excellence
How can we promote excellence throughout the profession more?
Why become an Occupational Therapist?
Why being occupied is an important aspect of life
What should allied health practitioners and GPs know about Occupational Therapy?
How to make the most of your career as an Occupational Therapist
A day in the life of an Occupational Therapist
- Do you know of an inspirational article? Share it with friends, family and colleagues. Or, review it and share your thoughts on why it inspired you as an occupational therapist.
- Write an article, or make a presentation and share it with colleagues by sending it to us in an email: [email protected].
- Share your greatest personal achievement or perhaps that of a colleague, friend or family member. Tell us how the achievement demonstrated excellence, and how you found it inspiring and/or memorable!
Competition Time! 29th October, 7pm-8pm
This Occupational Therapy Week we are hosting an online quiz via zoom. Join as an individual or as a team, the quiz questions will be about:
- celebrating excellence
- the life of an occupational therapist.
This is a great opportunity to meet other fellow occupational therapists within the profession.
Please email [email protected] to RSVP and include all team member’s names and email addresses so that we can send a link to all participants.
The Prize: The winning individual/team will receive a free morning tea to share with their colleagues and celebrate their excellent work.