Championing the profession of whakaora ngangahau/occupational therapy.
OTNZ-WNA Aotearoa is the touchstone* for whakaora ngangahau/occupational therapy in Aotearoa New Zealand: empowering individuals, whānau, organisations and communities to achieve health and well being through occupation.
- Occupational justice: Fair access to resources to enable occupation / He huarahi ki nga taonga tukuiho he pumautanga o te mahi.
- Biculturalism: Equity between the tangata whenua (Māori) and the tangata tiriti (non Māori) / Te nohoanga nga tahitanga o te tangata, ko te kii tuhono mo ake tonu.
- Integrity: The quality of being honest and following our principle / Te rangatiratanga o te tika, me te whai ake ra o nga mātāpono.
- Professionalism: High standards that characterise behaviour / Ko te taumata i whaia ko te ahua i wawatatia.
- Collaboration: Work together in mutual effort and partnership towards goals / He ringa raupa, ka eke nga hiahia, ka tutuki nga wawata i tumanakotia.
- Transparency: Visibility or accessibility of information / te kitenga ake, te huarahi hoki, o te mohiotanga.
*Touchstone: The place to find out about, or be advised about occupational therapy/whakaora ngangahau; the place occupational therapists/ngā kaiwhakaora ngangahau are nurtured from; the place that promotes excellence in occupational therapy/whakaora ngangahau; the place occupational therapists/ngā kaiwhakaora ngangahau connect back to the core paradigm of occupational therapy/whakaora ngangahau so that they can empower others.