ADHB offering great benefits – Subsidised gym membership, 5Points Gym free classes, Free eye test & business discounts!
|Organisation||Auckland District Health Board|
|Area, City||Auckland Central, Auckland|
|Contact person||Vickie Shakur|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||25-09-2018|
- Are you a Registered Occupational Therapist looking for part-time or full-time employment?
- We have positions based at Auckland City Hospital
We require motivated and dynamic Occupational Therapists to join our Allied Health team. Our service offers a variety of settings within adult acute and rehabilitation wards at Auckland City Hospital which look after a diverse group of patients. The successful applicants will have the opportunity to work within a teaching hospital that has a large amount of speciality areas including acute medicine, surgical, orthopaedic, and neurological services.
We are able to provide you with:
- Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts
- Working within a dynamic, supportive and inter professional team
- Collegiality and a strong community of practice
- Professional governance and in-service programme
- Robust opportunities for support, critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
- Subsidised gym membership, free gym classes run by 5Points Gym
- Discounts at a variety of businesses, Free eye test
To be successful in this position you will need to be an experienced New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist with the following skills and experience:
- Hold a current annual practicing certificate
- At least 18 months post qualification experience in an acute hospital setting
- Ability to supervise students and therapy assistants
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups
- Sound clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed, occupation-focused practice
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori & Pacific communities. Our organisation values diversity, inclusivity and empathy, if you do too, apply now and join us to make a positive difference and to “do your life’s best work at Auckland DHB”.
If you need any further information about this position, please contact Vickie Shakur, Recruitment Consultant at [email protected], or Lisa Lyons, Clinical Leader – Occupational Therapy email [email protected]
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below or visit www.careers.adhb.govt.nz and enter job number CEN09041
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com.
Back to all Job Vacancies