Alcohol & Other Drugs Manager
|Organisation||West Coast DHB|
|Area, City||Buller and Northern Areas, Greymouth, Hokitika|
|Contact person||Simon Liddy|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||03 337 7890|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||21-06-2020|
- Full time permanent role managing our Rata AOD service across the West Coast.
- Strong experience within Addiction or Mental Health Services is required, with either a background in Allied Health or Nursing. Previous management experience is ideal but not essential.
- Experience of developing or working in a culturally responsive service with a commitment to developing the capability of staff when working for and with Māori is preferred.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Provide oversight and management of the Addictions, Opioid Substitution & Dual Diagnosis Services
- Ensure that these services are meeting the requirements of each of the localities – Northern (Buller), Central (Greymouth) and Southern (Westland).
- Have a flexible approach to the role, to fulfil the required management & clinical functions.
- Build a Kaupapa ake and Māori responsive service that integrates cultural and clinical competence in the team’s day to day practice
Based in Greymouth (Central Region of West Coast), this is an exciting role in which you will lead our entire AOD service for the West Coast DHB. In this role you will be working with not only our Mental Health Services but also the PHO and other NGO’s across the coast to ensure that the service that we are providing is integrated & seamless. You will have a strong clinical background within AOD as you will be required to take on a small clinical workload depending on the requirements of the service.
As this role is covering the service across the West Coast you will be required to travel to each locality from time to time. Previous management experience is ideal, but not necessary; the role will provide opportunities for developing management and leadership skills, with tailored support and orientation.
Our Ideal candidate will be structured & planned in their way of working with a high level of honesty, transparency and accountability.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Outstanding relationship building & interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of the requirements and boundaries that the AOD service operates within
- An advocate of best practice and understanding of contemporary approaches to addictions, mental health and wellbeing
- Well developed networks, credibility and relationships with iwi and Māori organisations as well as a strong understanding of Māori health inequity and Māori population needs
- The ability to identify cultural perspectives and bias; challenge views – lead others to value and respect alternative cultural perspectives
What we are about
- We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
- We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
- We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Please apply online via our careers website or to for further questions, please contact: Simon Liddy
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 03 337 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now here: https://westcoastdhb.careercentre.net.nz/Job/Alcohol-and-Other-Drugs-Manager/Buller-and-Northern-Areas/17335
Back to all Job Vacancies