Allied Health Professional Case Manager – Child, Adolescent, and Family
|Contact website and/or email
|Closing date for applications
- Full- and part-time (0.5) fixed term opportunities offering variety and support for continued professional development
- Apply your clinical skills and mental health experience and make a difference to the lives of the young Canterbury community!
- NZ Registration as a Social Worker or Occupational Therapist and Annual Practicing Certificate is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Child, Adolescent & Family Mental Health Service – South Community & Outreach Team is a specialist mental health service that provides assessment and treatment of young people up to 18 years of age (older if still at high school) who present with serious mental health problems, and their families/whānau. Our catchment area is Christchurch to Ashburton – with our base currently in Cashmere and outreach clinics in Rolleston and Ashburton.
We have an exciting opportunity for an NZ Registered Social Worker OR Occupational Therapist to join us in this Case Management role. This is challenging and demanding work within a supportive team. Our clinicians have a range of skills and areas of clinical expertise who are committed and work hard for young people living in the south of Christchurch and Canterbury. We also have a passion for ensuring opportunities for the continued professional development of our team.
These are fixed-term, full-time(40hrs per week Monday to Friday) as well as a part time (20 hours per week) opportunity until approximately January 2022, based at The Princess Margaret Hospital.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing case management, comprehensive psychiatric assessment and clinical interventions to young people;
- Participating in rostered duties including responding to crisis / emergency presentations;
- Effectively managing a caseload with regular reviews and job planning with the Clinical Manager;
- Working collaboratively with external agencies striving for better health outcomes in our community.
Your skills will include:
- Being a motivated and flexible self-starter who enjoys meeting the challenges of working both autonomously and as part of the experienced and supportive multidisciplinary team;
- The ability to build rapport and work collaboratively with young people, family/whanau;
- Great personal organisation and excellent time management to keep up with this exciting client group;
- You will be an NZ Registered Social Worker OR Occupational Therapist with a minimum of 2 years’ mental health experience;
- Experience in a child and adolescent setting is desirable, as is outpatient experience;
- Demonstrated therapy experience would be highly valued;
- As community travel is required, a full NZ drivers license is essential.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information.
Posted on: March 4, 2021
Back to all Job Vacancies