Allied Health Team Manager – Integrated Health Services
- Full time permanent role based with our team in Westport with the ability for part time for the right candidate. This is a split role with one half Team Manager & one half Clinical practice.
- Registered Allied Health Professional – business or leadership training would be beneficial but not essential.
- Leadership skills, commitment to local community relationships & further personal development.
Ehara taku i te toa takitahi, engari, he toa takitini
My strength is not the strength of one, but the strength of many
We are looking for Allied Health Leaders & aspiring leaders who are wanting to take their next steps in furthering their career. You will be working in a supportive interdisciplinary team where you will able grow and develop both your leadership & strategic operational skills. If you are looking for you next challenge then these are the roles for you.
What you’ll do with your time
- Leading a team of 10 Allied Health professionals such as Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Diversional Therapists, Travel Co-ordinators & Allied Health Assistants
- Integral member of the Northern Area Leadership team
- Building relationships across the health system and Northern Region Community
- Supporting the development and delivery of quality Allied Health services across the West Coast
This role will be leading our allied health services across the Northern West Coast Region. A key part of this role is ensuring the strong relationships that already exist between the DHB & Community Organisations continue that way and building new relationships as opportunities emerge. You will be working alongside a diverse group of professionals delivering patient-centred support to people of all ages built on personal outcomes. Providing preventative interventions in such areas as supported self-management, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitation and enablement services, you will be able to support people to live healthy, active and independent lives.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Excellent relationship building & Communication skills
- Ability to lead and support people through changes
- Quality or Clinical governance would be desirable.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Please apply online via our careers website or to for further questions, please contact: Simon Liddy
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 03 337 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Back to all Job Vacancies