Christchurch ‘Laura Fergusson Trust’ Community Occupational Therapist – Traumatic Brain Injury
|Organisation||Laura Fergusson Trust|
|Contact person||Justine Edmeades|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||Informal enquiries regarding this position can be made to Pat Hopkins, Clinical Team Leader, on 03 335 0541|
|Full/part time||Part time|
|Closing date for applications||24-09-2018|
Insight Rehabilitation is a division of Laura Fergusson Trust Canterbury, specialising in providing rehabilitation services for people who have suffered traumatic brain injury.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to join our highly skilled and experienced interdisciplinary rehabilitation team. The Occupational Therapist will be responsible for the assessment of clients who have suffered traumatic brain injury and the development of rehabilitation interventions, supporting their return to everyday lives including return to work.
There also may be opportunity to work across different areas of the organisation, including post-acute inpatient rehabilitation. While working primarily with clients with TBI and concussion, you may also be involved with spinal cord and orthopaedic injuries, with opportunities to upskill and increase your knowledge base.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications and skills;
- A minimum of 2 years full time post qualification experience in neurological rehabilitation, ideally with traumatic brain injury clients.
- Registered Occupational Therapist approved by the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand.
- Must have knowledge of neurological rehabilitation practices within an interdisciplinary team.
- Willingness to work within the Mission and Vision of the Laura Fergusson Trust.
- Confident in working in a fast paced, quick changing environment alongside other members of the team.
Don’t miss your opportunity to work with a great team, great clients and in a fun and flexible working environment.
Closing date : 24th September 2018
Informal enquiries regarding this position can be made to Pat Hopkins, Clinical Team Leader, on 03 335 0541 or email [email protected]
If you are interested in the above position, please send your CV and a covering letter to; Justine Edmeades, HR/Payroll Coordinator, by email to [email protected]
Back to all Job Vacancies