Clinical Educator – Specialist Mental Health Services
|Organisation||Canterbury District Health Board|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Part time|
|Closing date for applications||27-05-2020|
- Permanent part-time opportunity (24 hours per week) for a registered Psychologist, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist
- A rare opportunity to contribute to the education of our Mental Health Workforce and improve outcomes for our community
- Grow your career within an experienced team of mental health educators with a passion for continued professional development!
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Specialist Mental Health Services (SMHS) are at the leading edge of mental health service delivery. We provide a range of inpatient and community services to people in the Canterbury district. Our SMHS offer a wide range of specialty areas, including: Adult Community; Adult Acute; Rehabilitation; Child, Adolescent and Family (CAF); Forensic; Alcohol and Drug; Intellectually Disabled Persons’ Health, and more.
We’re looking for a Registered Psychologist, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist to join our SMHS Training Unit as a Clinical Educator, providing educational course development and implementation to our team of healthcare professionals! This is a part time opportunity working 24hrs per week (0.6FTE) based at Hillmorton Hospital. These hours will ideally be worked across 3 days, but there is flexibility around this and will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
If you’re experienced in adult education with a passion for the continued education of our Mental Health Workforce, then we want to hear from you! We’re committed to the development of our team of educators and will support the successful applicant to succeed in this exciting and crucial role!
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Taking a coaching approach to the development and delivery of Continuing Education and Professional Development courses with a focus on facilitating best practice outcomes;
- Developing and implementing education materials focussed on Family Inclusive Practice and Talking Therapies;
- Working with our mental health services to implement training and educational programmes;
- Leading projects to operationalise education programmes and courses.
Your skills will include:
- A strong clinical background in a mental health setting;
- A focus on partnership with consumers and their family/whanau through a culturally diverse lens;
- Proven experience working within adult education is essential, ideally within a classroom setting;
- Formal qualification in adult teaching is advantageous but not essential;
- Demonstrated understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the relevance of the principles in healthcare education;
- An understanding of adult education principles;
- Experience development education/course materials and proven implementation experience;
- NZ Registration as an Psychologist, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate (or ability to obtain this) is essential.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Back to all Job Vacancies