Clinical Team Leader – Occupational Therapy
|Organisation||Canterbury District Health Board|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||16-12-2019|
- Permanent full-time opportunity (40 hours per week) providing leadership and support to an experienced team primarily within an acute setting
- Join a supportive and experienced team of professionals and continue to develop your leadership skills through on-the-job training opportunities
- Maintain and refine your clinical skills as you continue to provide first-hand care to our community!
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Christchurch campus Occupational Therapy team is looking for an experienced and skilled Occupational Therapist to join us as a Clinical Team Leader! We’re a large team of over 40 Occupational Therapist professionals who also work closely with the wider multidisciplinary team to ensure a holistic approach to patient care.
The Clinical Team Leader is integral to our leadership team, working closely with our other Clinical Team Leader and the Clinical Manager to lead and improve clinical services in the acute setting. A core component of this position will be contributing to daily operational planning and service improvement initiatives, as well as holding a clinical caseload primarily within our surgical area (including acute, orthopaedic and front of house).
This is a permanent full-time opportunity working Monday – Friday approximately 0800 – 1630 (some flexibility will be considered). There may also be the need to fulfill a weekend on call requirement.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- ensuring the day-to-day provision of a high-quality clinical service, primarily within our surgical area
- working closely with the leadership team and wider multidisciplinary colleagues to identity and implement service improvement initiatives
- maintaining a designated clinical case load
- supporting and fostering the development of approximately 15 direct report Occupational Therapists.
Your skills will include:
- a sound clinical background in an acute hospital setting (a minimum of five year’s experience post-qualification is desirable)
- an understanding of core business needs of acute Occupational Therapy service provision
- previous experience in leading a team and/or project management is desirable
- sound working knowledge of local, national and international health systems is strongly desired
- proven experience in training and supervision of staff with the ability to foster and support the development of a team both collectively and on an individual basis
- registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of NZ and current APC is essential (or eligibility to obtain).
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information.
Back to all Job Vacancies