Community Mental Health Manager
|Organisation||West Coast DHB|
|Contact person||Simon Liddy|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||21-06-2020|
- Full time permanent role managing our Community Mental Health service in our Central Region
- Strong experience within Mental Health Services is required, with either a background in Allied Health or Nursing. Previous management experience is ideal but not essential.
- Experience of developing or working in a culturally responsive service with a commitment to developing the capability of staff when working for and with Māori is preferred.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Provide oversight and management of the Central Region Community Mental Health service, including both the case management and crisis response aspects of the service, as well as the support workers.
- Ensure that these services are meeting the requirements of the Central Region, as well as the coast-wide after hours crisis response service.
- Have a flexible & innovative approach to your work and to service delivery.
- Build a Kaupapa ake and Māori responsive service that integrates cultural and clinical competence in the team’s day to day practice
Based in Greymouth (Central Region of West Coast), this is an exciting role in which you will lead our community mental health service for the West Coast DHB. In this role you will be working with not only our Mental Health Services but also the PHO and other NGO’s across the coast to ensure that the service that we are providing is integrated & seamless. Our Ideal candidate will be structured & planned in their way of working with a high level of honesty, transparency and accountability.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Outstanding relationship building & interpersonal skills
- An advocate of best practice and understanding of contemporary approaches to mental health and wellbeing
- Well developed networks, credibility and relationships with iwi and Māori organisations as well as a strong understanding of Māori health inequity and Māori population needs
- The ability to identify cultural perspectives and bias; challenge views – lead others to value and respect alternative cultural perspectives
What we are about
- We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
- We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
- We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Please apply online via our careers website or to for further questions, please contact: Simon Liddy
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 03 337 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now, here: https://westcoastdhb.careercentre.net.nz/Job/Community-Mental-Health-Manager/Greymouth/17334#
Back to all Job Vacancies