Community Mental Health Professional
|Organisation||West Coast DHB|
|Area, City||Buller and Northern Areas, Greymouth, Hokitika|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Permanent/temporary||Variety of permanent & fixed term roles based in either Greymouth or Westport.|
|Full/part time||Variety of full and part time roles based in either Greymouth or Westport.|
|Closing date for applications||05-07-2020|
- Variety of permanent & fixed term, full and part time roles based in either Greymouth or Westport.
- NZ Registered Health professional with a Mental Health Scope of Practice & current Annual Practicing Certificate.
- Ideally 2 years experience within specialist mental health
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini
My strength is not the strength of one, but the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Undertakes all components of case management, including: comprehensive assessment, risk assessment and management, recovery, and treatment planning
- Provides client-centred care, utilising evidence-based treatment strategies including, where appropriate, talking therapies
- Take part in the local crisis response service roster.
We are looking for a Registered Health professional with either a Nursing or Allied Health background, who has the clinical skills required to assist people with current or ongoing mental health problems and to maintain their place in the community. This role will be working within the community and within our integrated model of care.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Excellent assessment and communication skills
- Flexibility to work autonomously as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Understanding and application of the principles of the treaty of Waitangi, with a culturally safe and appropriate approach to practice
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- A strong understanding of Māori health inequity and Māori population need
- Understanding of contemporary approaches to mental health and wellbeing
We have a variety of roles that can accommodate a range of experience in the field of mental health
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Please apply online via our careers website or for further questions or a copy of the relevant job description, please contact: Simon Liddy
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 03 337 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Back to all Job Vacancies