Director of Allied Health
|Organisation||Canterbury District Health Board|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||18-02-2020|
- Permanent, full-time opportunity within our Christchurch Campus Leadership team for an experienced senior leader
- Lead a dynamic and forward-thinking Allied Health, Scientific and Technical team within a transforming healthcare environment
- Work in collaboration with our leaders in healthcare to transform systems and develop a skilled and resourced workforce
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Health services in Canterbury continue to transform and we have another exciting opportunity to reshape the way we operate, developing Allied Health services that will sustain us well into the future.
This is a rare opportunity to join the leadership team of our Christchurch campus as our Director of Allied Health. We’re looking a strategic leader with proven experience in leading through adaptive change, who will strive to enhance quality acute care and patient flow while working as part of a forward-thinking and dynamic Allied Health, Scientific and Technical team.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will work in partnership with the Executive Director of Allied Health, transforming systems and developing a skilled and resourced workforce at the forefront of inter-disciplinary care. Leading a dynamic team of Clinicians, you will shine a light on Allied Health professions ensuring their centrality in the planning, implementation and delivery of services. You’ll be able to clearly articulate a vision that resonates with others and have a deep commitment to working in collaboration across disciplines.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- The strategic leadership and operational management of the Allied Health workforce across the Christchurch campus
- Working in partnership with the Christchurch Campus Leadership Team and our interdisciplinary leadership team to support our services in meeting accountabilities and aligning with overall strategic direction
- Guiding teams forward and breaking down clinical and knowledge silos to ensure that patients benefit from quality, coordinated and timely care
- Supporting our collective vision towards diversity and inclusion within Allied Health and demonstrating a commitment to reducing health inequities
Your skills will include the following:
- NZ registration as an Allied Health Professional with current Annual Practising Certificate
- Postgraduate qualification in management or in the process of achieving (desirable)
- Master’s level qualification or evidence of working to master’s level is preferred
- 5+ years in a senior leadership role within Allied Health is preferable, along with experience in a leadership role or project beyond your area of subject matter expertise
- A proven track record of delivering change
- Experience with budgetary oversite and resource management;
- Strong professional networks and relationship skills
- Digital competence and data literacy (qualification in improvement science/management is desirable)
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme and an ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact Recruitment Specialist Janita Te Haara at [email protected]
Back to all Job Vacancies