Enjoy working with Seniors? Check this out – Porirua based Occupational Therapist (Older Adult Rehabilitation)
|Organisation||Capital & Coast District Health Board|
|Contact person||Phil Adamson|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Part time|
|Closing date for applications||14-10-2018|
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has the equivalent of around 4,300 full time staff, making us a major employer in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu. We also operate Te Korowai-Whāriki, a large mental health campus based at Porirua.
CCDHB provides a range of specialist services including neurosurgery, oncology, neonatal intensive care and community-based services including district nursing, rehabilitation services, social work, alcohol and drug services, and home support services to a population of around 900,000 people.
Wellington is New Zealand’s capital city, a cultural and cosmopolitan epicentre renowned for its vibrant cafés, restaurants, international sporting and cultural events set in a beautiful natural harbour. With easy access to vineyards in the Wairarapa and beaches on the Kapiti Coast, there’s plenty of opportunity for adventure or simply to relax and unwind.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Older Adult, Rehabilitation and Allied Health (ORA) Services are provided to people of all ages in inpatient, outpatient and community settings. This role is part of the ORA inpatient allied health service provides services to people in Wellington Regional Hospital and Kenepuru hospital in Porirua.
The Occupational Therapist in this role will work at Kenepuru Community Hospital predominantly with older people experiencing functional change due to multiple medical conditions or accident related injuries.
This is a permanent, part-time (36 hours per week) position.
- You will provide specialist occupational therapy assessments and interventions to efficiently achieve timely discharges in the best interests of the client, and may provide ongoing follow up in the community as part of this.
- You will work collaboratively with your colleagues in contributing to comprehensive assessments and development of a multidisciplinary plan.
- You will also support colleagues in other clinical areas as required by the service and mentor students. Clinical areas can include health of older people wards, surgical unit and rehabilitation ward.
- To safely and effectively meet the needs of the people we work with, an Occupational Therapist in this position will need a broad range of skills while working in an inpatient or community setting to assist individuals and families to maximise their optimal occupational performance and engagement in daily life roles.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years clinical practice with at least 1 year working with an older adult client group.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge in:
- the application of functional, cognitive, rehabilitative and compensatory approaches to occupational based assessment, goal setting and intervention
- Assessment of cognition to assist in determining capacity.
- manual handling assessment, interventions and training others
- pressure care assessment and management
- sound clinical reasoning in the management of patient care
- using ‘SMART’ clinical goals to work in an integrated way with their multidisciplinary colleagues
- working within an MDT
- Have the knowledge to be/or experience of being an approved assessor with Enable New Zealand in personal care and household management
- Experience of:
- working collaboratively with community providers to support integrated practice
- promoting the occupational therapy role whilst effectively working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- working in a high turnover, fast paced environment
- Current full NZ driver’s licence with ability to drive a manual and automatic car (required for roles based in the community or where the role may be required to work across multiple sites).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet resources and e-mail.
- A high standard of written and spoken English.
Capability development is a high priority for CCDHB. Professional development opportunities are a given, as well as the ability to upskill and to take on other roles. People and their skills are highly valued at CCDHB.
Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region, access to a cost-effective gym including exercise classes and use of two low-cost holiday homes at Taupo.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form
Applications close on 14th October 2018. Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email [email protected] and please indicate the vacancy number (AH130-18) and job title in the subject line.
Back to all Job Vacancies