Interested in Community Rehabilitation? Occupational Therapist vacancy
|Organisation||Capital Coast Health|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||27-05-2018|
Occupational Therapist (Community Rehab) –
- Great opportunity in a vibrant interdisciplinary community rehabilitation team
- Working with people in their own homes towards achieving their goals
- Growth and professional development opportunities
This job is working for Capital & Coast District Health Board – working for the Community. This role is within the ORA Wellington Community Team based in Newtown, in beautiful Wellington. This team works with people aged 16 and above with acquired neurological and/or age-related conditions and has a strong focus on rehabilitation. Our mission: together, improve the health and independence of our people.
About the role:
This opportunity is for an Occupational Therapist to join our community service full-time. You will work within an interdisciplinary team that works collaboratively and takes a patient centred and goal focused approach.
As an OT working in this team, your day with be both exciting and varied. Your day may include assessing and designing a rehab programme for a person following a stroke to enable them to return to work, through to working with a person with early stage dementia towards their goal of continuing to live independently in their own home. You will work collaboratively with our population alongside your allied health, nursing and medical colleagues. You will work with patients from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
Skills and experience:
You will need to demonstrate your excellent communication skills and build rapport with patients and their whanau. This position would suit an individual with experience in stroke rehab and working with older people and their health needs. An understanding of cognitive assessments would be an advantage.
We require you to bring your holistic skills, enthusiasm and passion to achieve the best outcome for your patients.
You will need:
- to be a New Zealand registered Occupational Therapist
- a current practicing certificate.
- a driving license
- a can-do attitude and a passion for working alongside people
- Access to a rehabilitation workshop
- A diverse and rewarding caseload.
- Living in beautiful Wellington
- Working within a friendly and skillful team made up of allied health, medical and nursing staff, as well as having the collegial support of 6 other OT colleagues.
- The Healthy Savings Programme is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CCDHB.
- Regular clinical supervision and continuing professional development opportunities to aid your ongoing development.
This role falls under the Allied Health Career Framework which supports the growth and development of the Allied Health workforce through the development of advanced clinical and/or leadership roles. For further information, please visit: https://www.ccdhb.org.nz/working-with-us/allied-health-scientific-and-technical-careers/allied-health-career-framework/
Candidates will be contacted by the CCDHB if they are successfully shortlisted. Referees will only be contacted with candidates’ permission during the selection process. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email if they were not successful for an interview.
All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button (applications for positions will not be accepted unless accompanied by one).
Applications close on the 27th May 2018. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email [email protected] and please indicate vacancy number and job title in the subject line.
Back to all Job Vacancies