Mental Health Clinicians
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full + Part-Time|
|Closing date for applications||16-09-2020|
Permanent, Full & Part Time
Opportunities available in Palmerston North, Levin, Ōtaki and Tararua
He aha te kai a te Rangatira? He kōrero, he kōrero, he kōrero
Are you an experienced Mental Health clinician who is passionate about wellbeing and utilising all the skills in your toolbox to find a solution? Enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment?
If your answer is YES, then we have just the opportunity for you!
THINK Hauora (formally Central PHO) is a not for profit charitable trust, that provides primary healthcare services to the MidCentral DHB population. We are funded by the Ministry of Health and the DHB and have a focus on, ‘Connecting Communities for Wellbeing’. Today, THINK Hauora has a core staff of up to 135, employed within the MidCentral region.
Within our Clinical Quality department sits our Mental Health & Wellbeing team – Te Ara Rau Access & Choice. Our clinically diverse team provide an array of brief psychological interventions to anyone who has a reason for presenting with the aim of improving health and wellbeing outcomes.
Te Ara Rau Access & Choice have a number of opportunities available across the district in response to the national rollout of the Access and Choice programme; Health Improvement Practitioners (HIPs) and Community Based clinicians.
To be considered for these roles, you must have:
- An agile and flexible mindset; willing to work in a new way
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a mental health setting providing brief psychological interventions (i.e. CBT, MI, SFT, ACT/fACT)
- Be a registered health professional with a current annual practising certificate
- An awareness and understanding of clinical risk
- An understanding of various cultures within the community and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and services
- Innovative and pragmatic when problem solving
- A basic understanding of how general practice teams work within primary care
Additional training will be provided to support you in this new role.
You will also receive ongoing support and mentorship.
THINK Hauora has a strong commitment to collaborating and partnering with others to improve health outcomes to address the health disparity evident within our population. We can be described as forward thinking, responsive, and focussed on, ‘connecting communities for wellbeing’.
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH 2020 (0900HRS)
Back to all Job Vacancies