Occupational Recovery Coordinator
|Organisation||New Zealand's Aluminium Smelter|
|Contact website and/or email||
Apply Online at www.nzas.co.nz
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||06-01-2019|
Bring your OT, Physio or Occupational Health skills and help our people get back to work
- Global company with a welcoming Southland feel
- Excellent salary package including 10% superannuation
- Performance bonus
New Zealand’s Aluminium Smelter is a member of the Rio Tinto group of companies competing in world commodity markets for primary aluminium.
At NZAS the best people in the industry make some of the purest aluminium in the world, using renewable hydro-electricity. We pride ourselves on being a world leader in quality aluminium products, our deep commitment to safety and operational excellence.
We’re looking for an Occupational Recovery Coordinator to join our friendly and welcoming team.
Accountable for the day to day management of Recovery Programmes at NZAS you’ll assist people to return to work following injury or illness.
You’ll work as part of a multidisciplinary occupational health team who are passionate experts in their field.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and administering Recovery Programmes,
- Providing exceptional support ensuring clients have every opportunity to regain their optimal level of function,
- Managing regular recovery meetings with employees, medical professionals and site leaders for determination and documentation of work restrictions,
- Supporting employees to ensure clear understanding of roles and responsibilities and encourage engagement with early interventions,
- Liaison with ACC case managers in regards to entitlements,
- Providing workplace assessments and identification of required task demands.
- Ergonomic improvement across site (assessment, planning and improvement).
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- Qualification to work as an Occupational Therapist, Occupational Health Nurse or Physiotherapist.
- Ideally you will have proven experience in working with people in Recovery Programmes,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and engage with sensitivity and empathy,
- The ability to assess, monitor progress, maintain processes and facilitate improvements to support overall employee health / welfare,
- Outstanding analytical skills.
At NZAS, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and employee benefits including 10% superannuation and performance bonuses. Working within a dynamic and friendly culture, in an organisation renowned for its world class safety standards and high quality product, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
As a passionate equal opportunity employer, we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Candidates must have the ability to live and work indefinitely in New Zealand.
Applications close on Sunday, 6 January 2019.
Apply online at http://www.nzas.co.nz
Back to all Job Vacancies