|Organisation||Capital and Coast DHB|
|Area, City||Porirua, Wellington|
|Contact person||Dani Armstrong|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||04 806 2552|
|Closing date for applications||18-02-2019|
- Location: Kenepuru Hospital, Porirua
- Contract: Casual
We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our team on a casual basis.
Older Adult, Rehabilitation and Allied Health (ORA) Services are provided to people of all ages in inpatient, outpatient and community settings. This role is part of the ORA inpatient allied health service provides services to people in Wellington Regional Hospital and Kenepuru hospital in Porirua.
The Occupational Therapist in this role will work at Kenepuru Community Hospital predominantly with older people experiencing functional change due to multiple medical conditions or accident related injuries.
- You will provide specialist occupational therapy assessments and interventions to efficiently achieve timely discharges in the best interests of the client, and may provide ongoing follow up in the community as part of this.
- You will work collaboratively with your colleagues in contributing to comprehensive assessments and development of a multidisciplinary plan.
- You will also support colleagues in other clinical areas as required by the service and mentor students. Clinical areas can include the health of older people wards, surgical unit, and rehabilitation ward.
- To safely and effectively meet the needs of the people we work with, an Occupational Therapist in this position will need a broad range of skills while working in an inpatient or community setting to assist individuals and families to maximise their optimal occupational performance and engagement in daily life roles.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical practice with at least 1 year working with an older adult client group.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge in:
– The application of functional, cognitive, rehabilitative and compensatory approaches to
occupational based assessment, goal setting, and intervention
– Assessment of cognition to assist in determining capacity.
– Manual handling assessment, interventions and training others
– Pressure care assessment and management
– Sound clinical reasoning in the management of patient care
– Using ‘SMART’ clinical goals to work in an integrated way with their multidisciplinary
– Working within an MDT
- Have the knowledge to be/or experience of being an approved assessor with Enable New Zealand in personal care and household management
- Experience of:
– Working collaboratively with community providers to support integrated practices
– Promoting the occupational therapy role whilst effectively working as part of a multi-
– Working in a high turnover, fast-paced environment
- Current full NZ driver’s licence with the ability to drive a manual and automatic car (required for roles based in the community or where the role may be required to work across multiple sites).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet resources and e-mail.
- A high standard of written and spoken English.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Applications close on 18 February 2019. Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email [email protected] and please indicate the vacancy number (AH023-19) and job title in the subject line.
Back to all Job Vacancies