|Organisation||Geneva Healthcare ([email protected])|
|Area, City||Manawatu–Wanganui Region|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||26-07-2019|
Who are we? [email protected] is our Psychology and Allied Health Service, providing personalised assessment and rehabilitation for people in the community. A trusted name in the regions we service, our team supports people to rehabilitate from illness, injury or disability while staying connected to family/whānau and their community.
About the role:
An excellent opportunity is now available for a Permanent Registered Occupational Therapist with wheelchair and seating and environmental modification skills that wishes to work across the wider Manawatu/Wanganui region.
You will be working autonomously and as part of a wider multidisciplinary team, within a best practice, person and family/whānau centred approach to assessment and rehabilitation.
As a community based Occupational Therapist you will have a real passion and dedication to all aspects of service delivery and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with your clients and their families. You will work with a wide range of people with illness, injury or disabilities, providing assessment and rehabilitation programmes within their home, work or community settings.
This role reports directly to the National Clinical Manager.
Role requirements include:
- NZ Registration and current APC
- Association membership
- Proven NZ post graduate experience of more than 2 years
- Experience in some or all of the following (adult and/or paediatric):
- Neuro and TBI assessment and rehabilitation
- Spinal injury assessment and rehabilitation
- Wheelchair and seating assessment
- Home or workplace modification
- Assistive device/equipment provision (assessment, set up and training)
- Delivering community based rehabilitation
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- An understanding and appreciation of Tikanga Maori
- Clean Full NZ Drivers Licence with access to a reliable vehicle
- Proficient computer and IT knowledge
Join the team
We are committed to enhancing the well-being of our clients, and their whanau/families and communities.
We are a passionate and hardworking multidisciplinary team that fosters an environment that encourages innovative thinking and ideas. We offer excellent clinical support and development that will assist you build on your career aspirations, experience and development.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter or for a confidential discussion please call Danielle on 0800 266 577, or click here to apply through our website.
Back to all Job Vacancies