|Organisation||Laura Fergusson Trust|
|Area, City||Christchurch City|
|Contact person||Ms. Makaela Smith|
|Contact website and/or email||
Please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by 20 September 2019.
|Contact telephone||09 950 4211|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||20-09-2019|
Fixed term full time, 12 month maternity cover
Laura Fergusson Trust has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to join our highly skilled interdisciplinary rehabilitation team.
The Laura Fergusson Trust Canterbury is an independent, not-for-profit, community and residential rehabilitation provider. The Rehabilitation division specialises in community based rehabilitation services for people who have suffered traumatic brain injuries.
About the role
The Occupational Therapist will be responsible for the assessment of clients who have suffered traumatic brain injury and the development of rehabilitation interventions supporting their return to everyday lives. There may also be opportunity to work across different areas of the organisation, including post-acute inpatient rehabilitation. Whilst working primarily with clients with TBI and concussion, you will also be involved with spinal cord and musculoskeletal injuries, with opportunities to upskill and increase your knowledge base.
What we offer
- A friendly team focussed working environment.
- Competitive remuneration.
- A commitment to providing ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Reimbursement of APC and Professional Memberships.
- Gym membership at corporate rates.
- A minimum of two years full time post qualification experience in neurological rehabilitation, ideally with traumatic brain injury clients.
- Registered Occupational Therapist approved by the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand.
- A knowledge of neurological rehabilitation practices within an interdisciplinary team,
- Willing to work within the Mission and Vision of Laura Fergusson Trust.
- Willing to work to our values:
- We care
- We are respectful
- We are inclusive
- We do it right
- Confident in working in a fast paced, quick changing environment alongside other members of the team.
Don’t miss this opportunity to work with a great team, great clients and in a fun and flexible working environment.
For more information and a copy of the position description, visit our website www.lftcant.co.nz or contact Linda Prattley, OT Team Leader on 03 335 0541
|Please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by 20 September 2019.|
Back to all Job Vacancies