|Organisation||Hohepa Hawke's Bay|
|Area, City||Poraiti, Napier|
|Contact person||Callum McKenzie|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||06 870 0426|
|Full/part time||Part time|
|Closing date for applications||07-02-2020|
We seek a capable and reliable Occupational Therapist, to join the team at Hohepa School in Poraiti on a permanent part time basis.
Hohepa is a therapeutic community based on the work of Rudolf Steiner, providing support for people with intellectual disabilities with the aim of enabling them to live as independently as possible; our mission is ‘every life fully lived’.
The main focus of the role is to provide a high quality Occupational Therapy service centred on the learning needs of our students, reflecting cultural, family and trans-disciplinary needs and goals and ensuring that the values and philosophies of Hohepa are maintained at all times.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Hold a Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent.
- Be a Registered Occupational Therapist with current annual practising certificate (APC-licence).
- Have an understanding of Rudolf Steiner’s philosophies and their application in the context of this role.
- Have excellent and responsive verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate an advanced level of clinical reasoning, assessment, intervention, formulation and judgement skills.
- Have excellent prioritisation/time management skills.
- Excellent computer literacy, ability to use current programmes with skill and expertise.
- Provide excellent patient and whanau – centred care with inclusive engagement.
- Enable the best in others, share skills, teach, coach and support.
- Hold a current New Zealand driver licence and ability to drive.
Think this could be the role for you? Don’t miss out, apply now!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Back to all Job Vacancies