|Advert reference||OT Jan 2020|
|Contact person||Kate Bond|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Part time|
|Closing date for applications||11-02-2020|
Family Services – Hospice Waikato
Hospice Waikato is an organisation focused on leading the way in the growing specialist field of community palliative care. We are totally committed to providing patient focused, highly professional care, for Waikato people living with life limiting or life threatening illnesses and for those who support them.
• Recognises people and the difference they make
• Is committed to developing its people to the highest professional skill level
• Understands the value of emotional support for all
• Delivers its services with a multidisciplinary focus
• Is committed to being the best in its field
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to join our team on a part time basis, 16 hours per week. This is a newly established position which will provide specialist palliative care Occupational Therapy services to Hospice Waikato patients, family/whanau. This service will be delivered within our patients homes as well as to patients in our In-Patient Unit and day service.
This is a varied role which will involve assessment, planning, implementation and evaluative Occupational Therapy interventions. This role will also provide education internally to Hospice Waikato team members.
To be the right fit for this role and our organisation you would bring:
• OTBNZ registration with current NZ Practising Certificate
• Minimum of 3 years relevant postgraduate clinical experience
• Sound clinical reasoning skills and use of evidenced informed practice
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Emotional maturity and resilience
• A passion for supporting palliative patients, their family/whānau and caregivers
• Current full New Zealand driver’s licence
• OTNZ membership
• Community and/or palliative care experience
• Knowledge of Palliative care and Hospice Philosophy.
• Accredited Equipment Assessor with Accessable – Level 1 personal cares and household management
If this sounds like the role and an organisation you want to be a part of then please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
A copy of the position description can be found on the vacancies page of the Hospice Waikato website http://www.hospicewaikato.org.nz/
The successful applicant will be required to undertake pre-employment health screening (including drug testing) and complete a Ministry of Justice criminal records check, the results of which must be to Hospice Waikato’s satisfaction.
Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid work visa.
Back to all Job Vacancies