|Organisation||Canterbury District Health Board|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||13-05-2020|
- Permanent full-time position (1.0FTE/40 hours per week)
- Provide Occupational Therapy assessment and interventions to intellectually disabled consumers with a co-morbid mental health illness
- Qualified Occupational Therapist with New Zealand registration (essential)
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Psychiatric Service for Adults with Intellectual Disability (PSAID) Inpatient Unit is a specialist mental health service based at Hillmorton Hospital that provides assessment and treatment options tailored to the needs of intellectually disabled people. We’re looking for a NZ Registered Occupational Therapist to work alongside other specialist staff to craft packages of care that enable consumers to learn new skills and ways of managing their illness so that they can return home, be part of their community and lead a good life. Be part of a team that has celebrated success through comprehensive transition pathways back to community care.
This is a full-time opportunity working Monday to Friday, approximately 08.30 to 17.00. Although this position is primarily based at our inpatient unit you may periodically be required to work within our outpatient unit carrying out some community-based assessments.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Establishing and overseeing a therapeutic program within our inpatient unit
- Assessing new admissions and preparing reports as required
- Carrying out comprehensive Occupational Therapy and functional assessments including sensory assessments
- Working with consumers from diverse social and cultural backgrounds and bringing your enthusiasm and passion to achieve the best outcome for consumers
- Assessment and intervention for our community team may also be required
Your skills will include the following:
- You will have excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage a varying caseload
- As an effective communicator you will have a positive, engaging and solution focused attitude to your work
- Sound computer and technological literacy is advantageous
- NZ Registered Occupational Therapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate (essential)
- Mental health experience is preferred
- As some community work is required in this position with the need to transport passengers, a full class driver’s licence is required
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information.
Back to all Job Vacancies