Our Occupational Therapists provide our patients and their whānau with the important link between meaningful activity and wellbeing.
It takes a very special skillset to work in palliative care and this role is a vital member of the multi-disciplinary team providing specialist palliative care to patients. Our Clinical,
Allied Health and Medical teams work very closely and we are small enough to ensure you can have strong working relationships across the whole Hospice.
We will need you to:
- Have experience working in a palliative care setting or with palliative care needs in the community
- Be able to work independently and to show initiative when solving complex problems
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate occupational therapy interventions
- Work collaboratively with all multi-disciplinary teams to provide the best care for our patients and whanau.
- As well as all this, you will be an experienced and registered Occupational Therapist with a current practicing certificate and an understanding of and commitment to the multidisciplinary team approach to patient care.
We offer a working environment where you will never be just a number and neither will your patients. Everything about Hospice is personal. Our values are important to us and we work hard to apply them to the whole workplace as well as our patients.
If you think you might like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice we would love to hear from you.
Please send a cover letter, CV and application form by 25 July 2021 to Catherine Hart, Mary Potter Hospice, PO Box 7442, Newtown 6242 or email [email protected]
For further information please phone Helen Golds, 021 459 304.
Mary Potter Hospice Application Form
Occupational Therapist Job Description