|Contact person||Penny Hallgarth|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Part time|
|Closing date for applications||07-12-2018|
Hohepa is a therapeutic community based on the work of Rudolf Steiner, supporting children and adults with intellectual disabilities with the aim of enabling them to live as independently as possible; our mission is ‘every life fully lived’.
We aim to provide a well-rounded education for our students through the development of individualized programmes, targeted to meet our students’ complex needs, and is supported by quality Specialist Services.
We have a vacancy for a Part time (3 days per week) Paediatric Occupational Therapist to join our team of Specialists. Over time this position may increase to full time.
The following skills and attributes are essential
- 2 years of Paediatric Occupational Therapy experience is required.
- Experience in sensory, motor and visual perception assessment and treatment is preferred.
- Independent management of a caseload including assessment, reports writing, planning and intervention is required.
- Attending meetings including IEP, general school planning and festivals.
- You must have excellent organisation and time management skills to ensure a healthy work life balance.
- Excellent communication skills are a must as you will be dealing with a variety of different staff, agencies and family members.
- A commitment to professional development is essential.
- Must have a valid visa and practicing certificate.
- Empathy and understanding of working with students with an intellectual disability
- Strengths in managing complex and challenging behaviours effectively
- Self-motivation and creativity
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Physical fitness to carry out the demands of the role; drug free and with an acceptable police record
For an informal conversation about this role contact the Principal, Stephen Evans: 06 844 2740, e-mail [email protected]
For further information/application pack please contact:
Kelsie Harris – ph 870 0426, email [email protected]
Penny Hallgarth, ph. 844 2740, e-mail [email protected]
or go to our website: www.hohepahawkesbay.com
Closing Date: 7 December 2018
Back to all Job Vacancies