Occupational Therapist – Adult Community Therapy Service
- Work with clients in their homes and communities towards optimising their health, independence and community participation and rehabilitation.
- Be part of an experienced and dynamic interdisciplinary team, providing occupational therapy to a wide variety of clients with complex physical health needs
- Permanent 0.5 FTE
- We are also seeking expressions of interest for a fixed term 0.5 FTE position until March 2022.
- Registration with the Occupational therapy Board (OTBNZ) with current APC is essential.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Adult Community Therapy Service (ACTS) delivers allied health services to adults in our community, within a Hub and Spoke model (including the Burwood Hospital and the Princess Margaret Hospital sites).
We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist who is passionate about providing client centred assessment and intervention within an inter-disciplinary allied health team. This is a busy, varied role working 20 hours per week, where you are guaranteed a varied case load to manage and that will see you working with clients and their support people at home, in the community and in clinic settings.
You will need to be a NZ registered Occupational Therapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate. Days and hours associated with this position are to be discussed at the interview stages. Travel within the Canterbury region is required.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking Occupational Therapy assessments and developing and implementing treatment plans, considered within a holistic approach;
- Providing education and resources to your clients and their family/whanau, as well as the wider interdisciplinary team;
- Prioritising, organising and managing a case load while allocating time appropriately;
- Engaging in service delivery reviews and associated quality improvement initiatives;
- Providing clinical leadership for junior staff, Allied Health assistants and students.
Your skills will include:
- Registration with the NZ Occupational Therapy Board and current annual practicing certificate is essential;
- A minimum of 2 years’ post-qualification experience;
- Experience working with adults with complex needs, including a variety of neurological conditions;
- Excellent skills working within teams and maintaining relationships with service providers in the community;
- Excellent assessment, treatment and problem-solving skills as well as an understanding of the 24 hour positioning and postural support needs for this client group;
- Enable NZ Equipment and Housing Modification accreditation or willingness to obtain; complex or provision Housing accreditation
- Comprehensive understanding in MoH Enable funding and criteria
- Able to undertake standardised and non-standardised (formal/informal) assessment to identify appropriate clinical and therapy interventions
- As some travel is required, a full driver’s license is essential.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information
Posted on: July 19, 2021
Back to all Job Vacancies