Occupational Therapist – Ashburton (Fixed-term)
|Organisation||Canterbury District Health Board|
|Contact website and/or email||
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||11-03-2019|
- Fixed-term, full-time (40 hours per week) opportunity until December 2019
- NZ registered Occupational Therapist
- Experience within the in-patient environment (acute/rehab), with some palliative care background
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our team on a full-time, fixed term basis until approximately December 2019, to within our inter-disciplinary team setting with some community OT visits.
We are a small team of dedicated Occupational Therapists that work across inpatient and community settings. As rural generalist specialists you will find the environment to support seamless patient care rewarding. Our focus is on restorative care and enabling our patients to have the best possible outcomes.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Reviewing new referrals
- Performing a variety of functional and cognitive assessments
- Maintaining and enhancing patient independence
- Being involved in discharge planning
- Using your experience and time management skills to deliver timely and appropriate, quality services
Your skills will include the following:
- Being an NZ registered Occupational Therapist who is self-directed, appreciates variety and enjoys working in a patient-oriented team, having developed a wide range of skills and experience
- Awareness of Enable processes
- A registered assessor is preferable
- You will have experience within the in-patient environment (acute/rehab), with some palliative care background
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply online, or contact us on [email protected]
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Back to all Job Vacancies