Occupational Therapist – Child, Adolescent and Family Day Unit
|Organisation||Canterbury District Health Board|
|Contact person||[email protected]|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||+ 643 337 8889|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||15-07-2019|
• Permanent, full-time (40hrs per week)
• New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate is essential
• Mental Health experience is preferred
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
Do you like the challenge of working with children and adolescents and their family / whanau? Are you reliable, self-motivated and want to contribute to effective service delivery? The Child, Adolescent and Family Day Unit (Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Service) is a specialist mental health service that provides assessment and treatment of children and young people up to 18 years of age (older if still at High School) who present with moderate to severe mental health problems, and their families.
The Child and Adolescent Day Unit works collaboratively with young people and their families that are requiring a more intensive approach than the community team are able to offer. The clinicians on the team have a range of skills and areas of clinical expertise. Come and join a supportive team that is committed and works hard for children, young people and their families/whanau in Christchurch and Canterbury.
We have a 1.0 FTE (40hr per week) permanent position within our Specialist Day Unit Team for a NZ Registered Occupational Therapist with a clear passion for children, young people and their families. The days and hours required in this role are Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 4.30pm.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
• Completing assessments of consumers and formulating interventions to meet individual needs in collaboration with our multi-disciplinary team (MDT)
• Assisting with the development of treatment plans and discharge planning, including community integration
• Facilitating individual and group activities in collaboration with MDT members
• Overseeing the implementation of a therapeutic weekly programme
Your skills will include the following:
• The ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the consumer physical, psychological, social, cognitive and developmental level in relation to the presence of mental disorder
• The ability to evaluate the impact of treatment outcomes with the consumer / caregiver or significant others and modify treatment according to changing needs
• Exceptional communication, organisation, and time management skills
• It is essential that you are an NZ Registered Occupational Therapist with current APC
• Previous experience in the mental health field is preferable
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information.
Back to all Job Vacancies