Occupational Therapist – Child Adolescent and Family Mental Health Service
|Organisation||Canterbury District Health Board|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||04-08-2020|
- Permanent part-time opportunity (28hr per week) based at Hillmorton Hospital
- Join a supportive and experienced team and contribute to improving the health outcomes of children and adolescents within Canterbury!
- NZ Registration as an Occupational Therapist and experience working in a Mental health setting is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Child, Adolescent and Family (CAF) North Team is a specialist team that provides assessment and treatment of young people up to 18 years of age (older if still at High School) who present with moderate to severe mental health problems, and their families. The clinicians on the team have a range of skills and areas of clinical expertise who are committed and work hard for young people living in the North of Christchurch and Canterbury including Rangiora.
We have an opportunity for a NZ Registered Occupational Therapist to join us on a permanent part-time basis working 28hr per week! Days and hours are to be negotiated.
You’ll be a key clinician working as part of the multidisciplinary team, providing comprehensive psychiatric assessment, case management and therapeutic intervention for our clients – young people who have complex and changing needs. Some travel may be required for Outreach clinics.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing case management, comprehensive psychiatric assessment and clinical interventions to young people;
- Participating in rostered working hour duties including responding to crisis / emergency presentations;
- Effectively managing a caseload with regular reviews and job planning with the Clinical Manager;
- Working collaboratively with external agencies striving for better health outcomes in our community.
Your skills will include:
- Being a motivated and flexible self-starter who enjoys meeting the challenges of working both autonomously and as part of the experienced and very supportive multidisciplinary team;
- The ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with young people, family/whanau, within the team and with other agencies;
- Great personal organisation and excellent time management to keep up with this exciting client group;
- You will be an NZ Registered Occupational Therapist with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a mental health setting (we may consider applicants with less experience in mental health if you possess the other skills required to thrive in this position);
- As some travel may be required to outreach clinics, a full NZ driver’s license is required;
- Paediatric experience is advantageous.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information.
Back to all Job Vacancies