Occupational Therapist – Community
|Organisation||West Coast District Health Board|
|Area, City||Greymouth, West Coast|
|Contact person||Simon Liddy|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||14-07-2019|
- Full-time, permanent role based in Greymouth
- Registered Occupational Therapist with current APC
- Experienced Occupational Therapist with a background in Community Occupational Therapy
- Strong communication skills and client focused approach
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time:
- Dealing with a caseload of adult patients with diverse needs
- Assessments and treatments for our patients
- Education of our patients and their families
In this role you will be a key member of the team in our Complex Clinical Care Network based in the community and be involved in the ongoing development of service delivery to those who would benefit from community based rehabilitation. This includes early supported discharge, contributing to the fracture liaison service and prevention of unnecessary admissions to Aged Residential Care and Secondary Services.
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Excellent team player and builder of relationships
- Great organisational skills and case management skills
- Comfortable to work with a high level of autonomy
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Apply online, or contact us on [email protected]
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Back to all Job Vacancies