Occupational Therapist – Community and Wheelchairs and Seating
|Organisation||Taranaki District Health Board|
|Area, City||New Plymouth, Taranaki|
|Contact person||Andrea Rowe|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||067536139 ext 7534|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||26-02-2019|
1.0FTE (80 Hours per Fortnight)
We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to complete a varied and interesting role, working with clients in the community around their disability and rehabilitation needs. Within this role, you will provide assessment and follow up for the provision of wheelchairs and seating to clients under ACC and MOH throughout Taranaki.
- You will have the following skills and experience:
Two years post graduate experience working with clients with complex wheelchair and seating needs
A knowledge of funding processes for Enable NZ and ACC
- Preferably be an Accredited Assessor and holds Wheeled Mobility & Postural Management Level 2
Appropriate clinical experience working with people with disabilities.
- Excellent communication skills to converse with a variety of clients, teams and services.
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- The ability to provide efficient, effective client focused assessment and intervention.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- A commitment to quality service delivery.
We offer a competitive salary, supportive working environment with excellent resources, progressive approach to service delivery, established clinical supervision and opportunities for further training.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,000 staff, $395m cost-centre) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
Click here for the job description.
For further information, please contact Andrea Rowe, Occupational Therapy Professional Lead on 06 753 6139 ext 7534 or via email; [email protected]
Applications close on 26 February 2019
Back to all Job Vacancies