Occupational Therapist – Driver Assessor
|Contact person||David Morris|
|Contact website and/or email||
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||30-04-2021|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to work in a private Occupational Therapy Practice.
DPVA Ltd is a specialty service whose client’s have medical illness, injury or disability that impacts on their ability to drive or travel in a vehicle.
· Assess how a person’s medical condition, injury or disability might impact on their ability to drive safely and legally (determine physical & cognitive capacity);
· Recommend appropriate vehicle modifications & provide training in their use;
· Assess work-related driving capacity (including commercial vehicle licenses);
· Help an individual with an acquired or congenital disability begin driving;
· Complete an ergonomic assessment to determine the best driving posture and facilitate improved driving performance;
· For those who can not drive (passengers), help identify relevant alternative transport options to ensure the person can continue to access the community.
We work with a diverse range of clients including:
· Accident Compensation Corporation
· Ministry of Health
· Lottery Grants Board
· Privately-funded individuals.
We can offer you:
· Ongoing supervision
· Encouragement of training and continuous professional development
· Active participation in the further development of the service
· To be part of a progressive service which promotes speciality area and career development.
Location: Office is in Mount Wellington, Auckland (with some flexibility to work from home). Travel to other areas of the country is often required.
Applications will not close until an appropriate candidate is found. DPVA Ltd is seeking expression of interest at this time.
Overseas applicants will need to become registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand (obtain a current practising certificate), and have a full Driver’s Licence.
Back to all Job Vacancies