Occupational Therapist/ Employment & Education Specialist
|Organisation||Capital and Coast DHB|
|Area, City||Porirua Community|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||16-08-2020|
Location: Porirua, Wellington
Contract: Permanent, part time, 20 hours per week
About the role
We are seeking an experienced and inspired Occupational Therapist for a position which enhances core Child and Adolescent Mental Health clinical work, through the power of meaningful activity. This Workfirst Occupational Therapy (Study and Employment Specialist) role supports young people aged between 15 & 19 years with moderate to severe mental health issues & enables them to lead the life they want to live.
Do you have an interest and experience in mental health? Do you feel inspired by the possibility of helping youth within the mental health service to explore and achieve their career goals, and find employment or a study pathway? Do you have the knowledge and skills to help them? If so, you are the person we need!
- Provide an evidence based supported employment and career development approach that reflects and is responsive to the transition needs of young service users and their employment and study pathways.
- Assist CAMHS clients to identify, obtain and maintain study / training or employment, in line with their skills, values, motivations and interests through effective exploration of possibilities.
- Supporting development of the necessary skills and linking with the necessary supports to be successful in study and employment .
- Collaborate with employers, study providers and clients to achieve a good outcome for all, by adopting approaches that overcome barriers and increase understanding of mental illness.
- Work collaboratively with Multidisciplinary Team colleagues to ensure the best outcomes for clients.
Skills & experience
- Registered Occupational Therapist
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, relevant evidence based approaches
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage young people
- Full drivers license is essential
About our organisaiton
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and IntellectualDisability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs – Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
CCDHB is a pro-equity Health Organisation, with a particular focus on Māori and Pacific Peoples.
CCDHB provides a range of specialist services including neurosurgery, oncology, neonatal intensive care and community-based services including district nursing, rehabilitation services, social work, alcohol and drug services, and home support services to a population of around 900,000 people.
How to apply
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. If you have queries please email [email protected]
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Back to all Job Vacancies