Occupational Therapist – Exciting opportunity to join Waikato’s new ‘Surgical Assessment Unit’
|Organisation||Waikato District Health Board|
|Contact website and/or email||
Please apply on the Waikato DHB website:
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||30-08-2018|
Job Number: WAI06482
Permanent, 24 hours per week.
The Allied Health service has an exciting opportunity for New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, and Social workers, to be part of our growing, dynamic Allied Health team. Development of a new Surgical Assessment Unit is underway at Waikato Hospital.
The new Surgical Assessment Unit will be a 26 bedded unit with a mixture of pre and post-surgical assessment patient’s. We are excited to have recruited energetic, forward thinking therapists to assist with the development of this new service, but are seeking one more person to join our team.
The service operates 7 days a week, with extended hours of delivery but we are seeking someone who can work Monday to Friday with the ability to provide weekend cover as required.
We are seeking someone with;
- A positive, flexible attitude
- Proven ability with prioritisation and time management
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Experience in working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- An interest in service development
As an organisation, we offer;
- clinical training and professional development opportunities
- regular supervision
- a dynamic clinical setting
- support and in-service training with the wider Allied Health service
- a very supportive working environment
If you feel you demonstrate the qualities listed above and are keen to be involved in this exciting new ward development we welcome your applications.
We are happy to consider applications from both new graduates and experienced clinicians. Experience in general surgical/orthopaedics is also desirable.
Closing date: open until filled
Please apply here – WAIKATO DHB http://adhbrac.taleo.net/careersection/.wai_ext/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=wai06482
Back to all Job Vacancies