Beautiful Hawkes Bay – Fixed Term OT role apply now!
|Organisation||Hawke's Bay District Health Board|
|Area, City||Hawke's Bay, Hastings|
|Contact person||Tracy Murphy|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||Phone 06 878 8109 extn 2570.|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||28-08-2018|
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari, he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many.
Occupational Therapist / Whakaora Ngangahau
Fixed Term six months – full-time
We’re offering an experienced occupational therapist the chance to showcase and develop their skills in a varied and fast-paced acute hospital setting.
Be part of an energetic and supportive team who are passionate about providing quality services for people whilst in hospital. This position involves working with people to regain functional abilities to return home and live well in their own homes.
What are the benefits to you?
- Great facilities and professional support
- Excellent team work across all professions with a strong focus on inter-professional practice
- Professional supervision and mentoring to support career development and growth
- Robust internal training and access to local special interest groups
We are looking for an experienced and flexible Occupational Therapist (Nga kaiwhakaora ngangahau) to work with people to:
- Reduce deconditioning and enable rehabilitation to reduce the effects of an acute hospital stay and enhance wellness
- Help patients learn new ways of doing things following illness or injury during an acute hospital stay
- Enable effective and safe discharge planning
- Support them to live life to the full whilst managing a long-term condition or impacts of acute conditions
- Develop people’s self-confidence, coping skills, resilience and recovery in their lives
You won’t find these opportunities just anywhere, and when you combine this with the chance to live in New Zealand’s own piece of paradise, you have to ask yourself “why work anywhere else”? Take a stroll through the Hawke’s Bay Tourism website and get yourself to Hawke’s Bay!
You will need New Zealand Occupational Therapy registration, a current Annual Practicing Certificate and driver’s licence. Experience in neurology is desirable but not essential.
For further information please contact Tracy Murphy Occupational Therapy Team leader and Professional Advisor: Email [email protected] or phone 06 878 8109 extn 2570.
To apply online, please visit: http://adhbrac.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=HAW01713&lang=en
Back to all Job Vacancies