Occupational Therapist/Kaiwhakaora Ngangahau
|Organisation||Nelson Marlborough Health|
|Contact person||Julie Marriott|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||03 546 1274|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||29-03-2020|
- Bring your occupational therapy skills to our friendly, supportive teams
- Work in sunny Nelson and the greater Nelson/Tasman area
- Fixed-term, full-time, position until December 2021
Ngā mōhiohio e pā hānga ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
We have a fixed-term position available for an occupational therapist who is interested in working primarily on the Medical unit, as part of our Acute Inpatient team. This is a fixed-term 20 month role covering a staff member’s secondment.
We are a proactive team of 18 occupational therapists providing the highest standard of care for our patients. We pride ourselves on being friendly and supportive, and work in a busy inter-disciplinary environment focusing on promoting, encouraging and enabling the health, well-being and independence of the people in our community.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
You will have at least two years post-qualification experience, New Zealand registration in occupational therapy, a current practising certificate and a range of generalist and specialist skills.
Additionally you will bring the following:
- Comprehensive clinical assessment and problem solving skills
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, to develop positive interpersonal relationships, and work flexibly within the inter-disciplinary team, with a team player attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with health professionals both within the in-patient services and in the community
- Strong clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Strong prioritisation skills and experience with complex discharge planning
- A full clean driver’s licence.
You will also be adaptable to change, resourceful and flexible to service needs, and will have a genuine passion for working with patients on their health journey.
If this sounds like you, we welcome your application.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health (NMH) is the main health service provider for New Zealand’s Nelson, Tasman and Marlborough regions, serving over 150,000 people across two main hospitals, public health and a range of community services. We provide a great place to work with professional development opportunities, job security, and workplace wellness programmes.
Etahi atu mōhiohio (More Information – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC34XErxkHJ5YAn59o6SrhnA
Nga huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
Nelson city is the geographical centre of New Zealand. It has three national parks within a 90 minute drive and is surrounded by beaches, mountains, hidden valleys, raging rivers and golden sands. The region is known for its spectacular natural environment, and is very family friendly. Find out more about the Nelson/Tasman region – http://www.nelsonnz.com/
Me pehea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For role specific information please contact Julie Marriott – Occupational Therapy Team Leader on [email protected]
For general enquiries please contact our Recruitment team on [email protected] or 03 546 1274.
Keen to apply now, it’s easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Job Reference #: N20-044.
Applications close Sunday, 29 March 2020 (extended).
Back to all Job Vacancies