Occupational Therapist/ Kaiwhakaora Ngangahau (casual)
|Organisation||Nelson Marlborough Health|
|Contact person||Julie Marriott|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||03 546 1274|
|Closing date for applications||22-08-2019|
• Bring your Occupational Therapy skills to our friendly, supportive teams
• Work in sunny Nelson and the greater Nelson/Tasman area
• Casual position covering staff leave and periods of peak demand
About the role
We are looking for applicants with a range of generalist and specialist skills, and a genuine passion for working alongside clients in the inpatient and community settings, to facilitate a smoother health journey. This casual position, covering staff leave and periods of peak demand, will require you to be adaptable to change, resourceful and flexible to service needs.
Some forward planning and scheduling will be available for this casual role; however, it will be important that you have the flexibility to sometimes work at short notice.
You will be joining an Occupational therapy team of 14, working in a busy and supportive multi-disciplinary environment.
You will have at least 12 months post-qualification experience, NZ registration in Occupational Therapy, a current practising certificate and sound knowledge and experience of the clinical area being applied for.
Additionally you will bring the following:
• Comprehensive clinical assessment and problem solving skills
• Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, to develop positive interpersonal relationships, and work flexibly within the inter-disciplinary team, with a team player attitude
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to liaise effectively with health professionals both within the in-patient services and in the community
• Strong clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
• Effective time management and organisational skills
• Strong prioritisation skills and experience with complex discharge planning
• Full clean driver’s licence.
If this sounds like you, we welcome your application.
Nelson Marlborough Health (NMH) is the main health service provider for New Zealand’s Nelson, Tasman and Marlborough regions, serving nearly 145,000 people across two main hospitals, public health and a range of community services. We provide a great place to work with professional development opportunities, job security, and workplace wellness programmes.
Find out more about us https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC34XErxkHJ5YAn59o6SrhnA
How to apply
For role specific information please contact Julie Marriott, Team Leader – Occupational Therapy Nelson, [email protected] or 0274 032 995.
For general inquiries please contact our Recruitment team on [email protected] or 03 546 1274.
Keen to apply now, it’s easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Job Reference #: N19-377.
Applications close: Thursday, 22 August 2019 (unless filled prior).
Back to all Job Vacancies