Occupational Therapist/Kaiwhakaora Ngangahau – Community
- Bring your Occupational Therapy rehabilitation skills to support clients in the community
- Work in sunny Nelson and the greater Nelson/Tasman area
- Permanent 0.75FTE position
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
We are a proactive team of occupational therapists providing the highest standard of care for our patients. We pride ourselves on being friendly and supportive, and work in a busy inter-disciplinary environment focusing on promoting, encouraging and enabling the health, well-being and independence of the people in our community. We have a permanent position available, working 60 hours a fortnight (0.75FTE), with a specific focus on cognitive, physical and vocational rehabilitation.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
You will have at least two years post-qualification experience, NZ registration in Occupational Therapy, a current practising certificate and a range of generalist and specialist skills, including vocational rehabilitation.
Additionally you will bring the following:
- Comprehensive clinical assessment and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, to develop positive interpersonal relationships, and work flexibly within the inter-disciplinary team, with a team player attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Strong prioritisation skills and experience with complex discharge planning.
- Full clean drivers licence.
You will also be adaptable to change, resourceful and flexible to service needs, and will have a genuine passion for working with patients in the community on their health journey.
If this sounds like you, we welcome your application.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough’s largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on [email protected] or 03 546 1274. For role specific information please contact Julie Marriott – Occupational Therapy Team Leader on [email protected].
Keen to apply now, it’s easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Job Ref # N20-435
Applications close: Thursday 5th November
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Posted on: October 23, 2020
Back to all Job Vacancies