Occupational Therapist – Mental Health
|Organisation||Taranaki District Health Board|
|Area, City||New Plymouth, Taranaki|
|Contact person||Hayley Scott|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||05-04-2019|
Te Puna Waiora, Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Permanent, Full time
1.0FTE (80 Hours per Fortnight)
Are you an experienced, motivated Occupational Therapist with a passion for working with people experiencing acute Mental Health needs?
We are looking for the right person with advanced Occupational Therapy skills to work dynamically with our inpatient mental health service users. Essential to this care delivery are the therapeutic groups provided to service users referred from the inpatient unit or from our Assessment & Brief Care Team which are aimed at building the persons own resilience to cope with their illness and gain knowledge and skills to achieve recovery.
Our inpatient unit, Te Puna Waiora is a 23 bed unit admitting adults, older adults and at times adolescents experiencing acute and distressing symptoms of a mental illness.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to:
- work as part of the Multidisciplinary Team to plan and deliver care to meet the needs of our Service
- Users/Tangata Whaiora experiencing acute mental health symptoms
- be responsible for developing sensory modulation interventions for the acute services
- build upon a new intervention here at TDHB
use your prior experience, knowledge and willingness to mentor staff.
The successful applicant will have:
- acute and/or community mental health experience
- highly developed functional assessment skills
- demonstrate adaptability and responsiveness to challenging clinical environments
- confidence working with talking therapy skills as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Candidates must have a current and valid Annual Practising Certificate with the Occupational Therapy Board of NZ as well as NZ Drivers licence.
If you are interested in the position please “apply online” from this page.
Click here for a full job description.
For further enquiries please contact Hayley Scott on (06) 753 6139 or email [email protected]
Applications close on 5 April 2019.
Back to all Job Vacancies