Occupational Therapist – Mental Heath
|Organisation||West Coast District Health Board|
|Contact person||Simon Liddy|
|Contact website and/or email||
Please apply via our website: https://westcoastdhb.careercentre.net.nz/job/occupational-therapist-mental-heath/greymouth/18670
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||02-03-2021|
- Permanent, part-time role working 32hrs per week based primarily in Greymouth and Hokitika with clients across the West Coast
- Registered Occupational Therapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Ability to be supported through a NESP program if you are new to your practice or Mental Health
- Strong communication skills and client focused approach
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time:
- Work as an integral part of the Allied Health and Mental Health clinical team
- Assessment and treatment of our tangata whaiora from an occupational perspective
- Support transition into community and provide follow up where needed
- Deliver services in both individual and group format
- Provide education and support that enables tangata whaiora and their whanau engage actively in their life roles
This role is responsible for the provision of effective quality Occupational Therapy assessment, treatment and education to tangata whaiora who are being treated within our Mental Health Service. This role involves supporting tangata whaiora on their mental health recovery journey by encouraging them to engage in meaningful activity, take an active role in their own recovery, and participate fully in their life roles.
You will be working within a multi-disciplinary team, and collaborating with other organisations, so effective team work and strong communication skills are key to this role. There will also be opportunities for transalpine work with our colleagues at the CDHB.
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively as a supportive and reliable team member to ensure the best health outcomes for people
- Ability to independently manage their workload and possessing solid skills in time management and prioritisation
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work with the ability to think outside the square to find solutions
- You will demonstrate cultural responsiveness, a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and be committed to the provision of quality care for patients
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Back to all Job Vacancies