Occupational Therapist Opportunities
|Organisation||Canterbury District Health Board|
|Area, City||Christchurch, Canterbury|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||16-03-2020|
- Various opportunities available: permanent, fixed-term, part-time, full-time, casual
- Provide Occupational Therapy assessment and therapeutic interventions to service users and improve the health and well-being of the Canterbury community!
- NZ Registration with the Occupational Therapy Board and annual practising certificate is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Occupational Therapy team at Christchurch Hospital is looking for various Occupational Therapists to join us on a permanent, fixed-term, part-time, full-time, or casual basis!
As an Occupational Therapist in our team, you’ll provide assessment and therapeutic interventions to service users from diverse backgrounds. These are busy and varied roles with great opportunities to work creatively, providing individual and group treatments within a core Occupational Therapy position! There may also be the requirement for community visits and complex discharge planning.
As we have multiple vacancies available, please clearly outline in your cover letter whether you are interested in permanent/fixed-term/casual, and how many hours you would like to apply for. Please also outline if you have experience in any specialty areas.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- working with patients to enable optimum safety and function during this phase of their recovery
- working with patients from diverse social and cultural backgrounds and working collaboratively with whanau, the wider multi-disciplinary team to ensure the best outcomes
- identifying and contributing towards service improvement initiatives.
Your skills will include the following:
- Registration with the NZ Occupational Therapy Board and current annual practising certificate (or eligibility to obtain)
- The ability to work autonomously and demonstrate robust decision-making experience within an acute environment
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for this area of work
- As an effective communicator you will have a positive, engaging and solution focused attitude to your work
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information.
Back to all Job Vacancies