Occupational Therapist – Puna Awhi-Rua – Forensic Sub-Acute Inpatient Ward
|Organisation||Waikato District Health Board|
|Contact person||Clindella Stirling|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||021 763 537|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||06-10-2019|
Where you’ll be working:
Forensic Sub-acute Inpatient – Puna Awhi-rua
Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight (1 FTE)
Care to join us? If you are an Occupational Therapist looking for a role in the Waikato, look no further!
About the service:
You will be part of a service that is exciting and innovative in its approach and making service delivery developments. You will need to have a genuine interest in the judicial system and mental health issues pertaining to forensic clients / tangata whaiora and their families / whanau.
About the role:
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on supporting clients / tangata whaiora to achieve their maximum mental health potential engaging in a fantastic therapeutic programme and 1:1 work utilising recovery and strengths based approaches.
Responsibilities of the role:
This role requires excellent assessment skills, experience of implementing interventions which enhance client / tangata whaiora outcomes and the ability to manage relationships with multiple stake holders.
What we can offer you as part of our service:
• Work within a supportive multidisciplinary team with a recovery focus.
• Working with an experienced specialised OT team.
• Opportunities for group work as part of a Therapeutic programme initiative.
• Encouragement of training and continuous professional development and regular supervision.
• Active participation in the further development of the service.
• Support and in-service training with the wider Mental Health and Addictions OT service.
Please apply directly online via the Waikato DHB website: http://www.waikatodhb.health.nz/jobs. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Clindella Stirling, Charge Nurse Manager – Acute Forensic and Rehabilitation Service on 021 763 537.
Application closing date: 6 October 2019
Theme “People at Heart” – Te Iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect – Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Back to all Job Vacancies