Occupational Therapist – Seagar Clinic
|Organisation||Canterbury District Health Board|
|Contact person||Janita TeHaara|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||03 337 7509|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||21-04-2019|
- Permanent, full-time (40hrs per week)
- New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist
- Completing assessments and formulating interventions to meet individual needs
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Seager Clinic is an Inpatient Unit based at The Princess Margaret Hospital. Seager Clinic provides extended care for people who have been assessed as having a significant disability arising from an established diagnosis of psychiatric illness.
We’re looking for a NZ Registered Occupational Therapist to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis!
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Reviewing new referrals and completing assessments, and formulating interventions to meet individual needs in collaboration with our multi-disciplinary team (MDT)
- Maintaining and enhancing patient independence
- Assisting with the development of treatment plans and discharge planning
Your skills will include the following:
- The ability to evaluate the impact of treatment outcomes with the consumer and significant others and modify treatment according to changing needs
- Exceptional communication, organisation, and time management skills
- It is essential that you are an NZ Registered Occupational Therapist
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply for this position via our online application process. Please note, we only accept applications submitted online.
If you’d like more information about this position, please contact [email protected]
Back to all Job Vacancies