Occupational Therapist – South Canterbury
|Organisation||Laura Fergusson Trust|
|Contact person||Makaela Smith|
|Contact website and/or email||
Please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by 20 September 2019.
|Contact telephone||03 335 0541|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||20-09-2019|
Fixed term full time or part time, 12 month maternity cover
Laura Fergusson Trust has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to join our highly skilled interdisciplinary rehabilitation team. The Occupational Therapist will be responsible for the assessment of clients who have suffered traumatic brain injury and the development of rehabilitation interventions supporting their return to everyday lives.
There may also be opportunity to work across different areas of the organisation, including post-acute inpatient rehabilitation. Whilst working primarily with clients with TBI and concussion, you will also be involved with spinal cord and musculoskeletal injuries, with opportunities to upskill and increase your knowledge base. LFT has a commitment to providing ongoing professional development opportunities.
Rehabilitation is a division of Laura Fergusson Trust Canterbury. We specialise in community based rehabilitation services for people who have suffered traumatic brain injuries.
Who are we looking for someone with the following qualifications and skills:
- A minimum of two years full time post qualification experience in neurological rehabilitation, ideally with traumatic brain injury clients.
- Registered Occupational Therapist approved by the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand.
- Must have knowledge of neurological rehabilitation practices within an interdisciplinary team,
- Willing to work within the Mission and Vision of Laura Fergusson Trust
- Confident in working in a fast paced, quick changing environment alongside other members of the team.
Don’t miss this opportunity to work with a great team, great clients and in a fun and flexible working environment.
Back to all Job Vacancies