Occupational Therapist – Te Whare Manaaki
|Organisation||Canterbury District Health Board|
|Contact website and/or email||
Please apply via our website: https://cdhb.careercentre.net.nz/job/occupational-therapist-te-whare-manaaki/christchurch/18133
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||04-11-2020|
- Permanent, full-time opportunity (40hr per week) within our Specialist Mental Health Services
- An exciting role offering the opportunity to advance your clinical skills within a service passionate about professional development
- Join an experienced multidisciplinary team who provide care to our Forensic Mental Health Service consumers
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Canterbury Regional Forensic Psychiatric Service is dedicated to assessing and treating people that have offended in the context of a mental disorder or may be at risk of doing so. It also caters for prisoners that require mental health assessment and treatment. There are a number of units and teams which include two medium secure inpatient units, an open rehabilitation inpatient unit, and a community and prison team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an NZ Registered Occupational Therapist to become a key member of Te Whare Manaaki, a secure forensic inpatient admission unit providing assessment and rehabilitation of referred patients. Our team consists of experienced and enthusiastic multi-disciplinary professionals who are passionate about knowledge sharing within the team and wider service to ensure the best outcomes. Our service also has a strong focus on professional development and offer a range of individual development opportunities.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity (40hr per week) located at Hillmorton Hospital. The days and hours are primarily Monday to Friday within core business hours.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assessing new admissions and preparing reports as required
- Carrying out comprehensive Occupational Therapy and functional assessments
- Developing and delivering individual and group education sessions
- Establishing and carrying out one-to-one therapeutic rehabilitation programmes
- Working with consumers from diverse social and cultural backgrounds and working collaboratively with whanau, the wider multidisciplinary team, and other relevant agencies to ensure the best outcomes
- Identifying and contributing towards service improvement initiatives
Your skills will include the following:
- The ability to work both autonomously and as a part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT), while simultaneously providing a voice for Occupational Therapy within the MDT
- The ability to build and develop trusted relationships with consumers, their family/whanau, the MDT and other relevant agencies
- Applicants will need to be a New Zealand registered Occupational Therapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate (or eligibility to obtain)
- Experience within mental health is essential and recent experience within a forensic mental health setting is desirable
- As there is some travel required in this position with the need to take passengers, a full NZ driver’s licence is essential
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information.
Back to all Job Vacancies