Occupational Therapist Transport Assessment Team
||Laura Fergusson Brain Injury Trust
|Contact website and/or email
Email to apply: [email protected]
||021 157 8976
|Closing date for applications
Are you a dynamic, experienced Therapist who wants to increase their skills working in the fields of medical fitness to drive and vehicle modification scripting?
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic OT to join our Transport Assessment Team.
Laura Fergusson Brain Injury Trust is an independent, charitable organisation that specialises in assessing, rehabilitating and supporting those impacted by brain, spinal and other injuries in the South Island of New Zealand. Our purpose is to assist clients in achieving independence, inclusion and quality of life. We provide a full continuum of integrated assessment, rehabilitation and support services for people with brain and other injuries, carried out by our highly skilled interdisciplinary team when and where they are needed.
About the Role
To assess functional limitations for clients with multiple impairments/disabilities and advise on medical fitness to drive as well as potential modification options to return to driving. This is for ACC and private clients including senior drivers.
What we offer:
• A friendly team focussed working environment.
• Competitive remuneration.
• Professional development and regular in-service training.
• Reimbursement of APC and Professional Memberships.
• Gym membership at corporate rates.
• NZ Registered OT approved by the Occupational Therapist Board of New Zealand
• Current annual practicing certificate.
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the rehabilitation framework.
• Willingness to network and build relationships.
• Confident in working in a fast paced, quick changing environment alongside other members of the team.
• Willing to travel and have effective time management skills
• Experience in medical fitness to drive assessment or vehicle modifications would be an advantage, however full training will be provided.
• Experience of ACC contracts would be preferable but not essential.
• Excellent reporting skills.
• Willing to work within our values.
• A valid and clean driver’s licence.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity we would love to hear from you!
Enquiries regarding this position can be made to:
Kirsty MacDonald, Clinical Manager Assessment on 021 157 8976 or [email protected]
Click here to download the position description
Please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Back to all Job Vacancies