Occupational Therapist – Tupuna Unit
- Permanent part-time opportunity (24hr per week) based at Hillmorton Hospital campus
- An exciting role offering the opportunity to advance your clinical skills within a service passionate about professional development
- Provide extended care to our consumers and support their preparation for community living
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
This is an exciting opportunity for an NZ Registered Occupational Therapist to become a key member of our Tupuna Unit within our Adult Inpatient Group, based at Hillmorton Hospital. Tupuna is a 15-bed inpatient unit, for consumers with both mental and physical health needs.
Our multi-disciplinary team (MDT) consists of experienced healthcare professionals. We are passionate about supporting consumers to retain their level of personal skills during their stay in Tupuna and learning new skills to support a successful discharge back to community living. Our Specialist Mental Health Services have a strong focus on professional development and offer a range of individual development opportunities.
This is a permanent part-time opportunity working 24 hours per week. The days and hours are negotiable.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out Occupational Therapy assessments with documented treatment recommendations for consumers as required by the MDT and clinical need;
- Developing and facilitating individual and group-based interventions;
- Working with consumers from diverse social and cultural backgrounds and working collaboratively with whānau, the wider multidisciplinary team, and other relevant agencies to ensure the best outcomes;
- Identifying and contributing towards service improvement initiatives.
Your skills will include:
- Assessment of cognition, physical needs/equipment provision, skills for supported living and motivation/engagement;
- Provision of client-centred care, utilising evidence-based treatment strategies;
- The ability to work both autonomously and as a part of an MDT;
- The ability to build and develop trusted relationships with consumers, their family/whānau, the MDT and other relevant agencies.
- Applicants need to be registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand, with current Annual Practicing Certificate;
- Or, overseas applicants would need to meet registration requirements with OTBNZ;
- Hold a full NZ driver’s license;
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience within a mental health environment is preferable; however, this maybe an idea opportunity for an Occupational Therapist wanting to transition across to mental health services.
Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
We have an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB called Something for You. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners across fashion, finance, health, lifestyle and more. either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
We are committed to helping you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
If this role is something that sounds exciting to you, please apply now
E koekoe te tūi, e ketekete te kākā, e kūkū te kereru!
It takes all people!
If this role has sparked your interest and you would like further information, please contact:
Sharon King, Clinical Occupational Therapy Specialist [email protected].nz
Anna Wilson, Clinical Nurse Manager: [email protected]
Please apply directly on our career site here.
Note: only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Posted on: August 18, 2021
Back to all Job Vacancies