Occupational Therapist with Wheelchair and Seating Skills
|Organisation||Laura Fergusson Trust|
|Contact person||Leanne Leadbetter|
|Contact website and/or email||
For more information on the role please contact:
|Contact telephone||03 9259513 or 021 402644|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||30-08-2019|
*Hours – permanent full/part time or contractor positions*
Laura Fergusson Trust has recently established a Mobility Hub. Our
Hub undertakes specialist assessments and interventions for
mobility and seated posture in both a dedicated clinic and
Clients include spinal cord injury, traumatic brain
injury, amputations, CVA and other complex presentations.
We are seeking experienced therapists who are wishing to
continue/pursue working in the wheelchair/seating and mobility field
and who value enabling individuals to participate in everyday
We have a highly experienced interdisciplinary team with a strong
community focus who will support you in your ongoing development.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- NZ registered Occupational Therapist (OT) approved by the
OT Board of New Zealand
- Someone who has knowledge and skills in wheelchair and
seating assessments with advanced level 1 experience and
wish to pursue level 2 seating accreditation or already hold
- Experience in Spinal Injury and/or TBI is preferable.
Be able to demonstrate an understanding of rehabilitation
- Willingness to network and build relationships.
Able to work in both clinic and community assessment
- A current clean drivers licence
Works well as a team player and willing to share and receive
ideas and new information
- Experience of ACC contracts would be helpful but not
What are the benefits to you?
- Be seen and recognised as an advanced practitioner.
- Support and opportunities for formal and informal
- Being part of a progressive organisation who provide
multidisciplinary services within clinic, residential and
- A fantastic team and working environment with state of the
art custom made technology.
If this sounds like your next opportunity – please apply
Back to all Job Vacancies