Occupational Therapists – Work where the fun is
|Organisation||TBI Health Group|
|Area, City||Wellington, Auckland, Wairarapa, Palmerston North|
|Contact person||Monica David|
|Contact website and/or email||
|Contact telephone||027 346 4336|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||20-08-2021|
Job Description: Occupational Therapist
|Job Title||Occupational Therapist|
|Organisational Relationships||Reports directly to Vocational Services Manager
Member of TBI Health Vocational Services Team
Supported by Clinical Mentor
Liaises with consultants, physiotherapists, exercise therapists, other lead vocational providers, contractors, and administration and reception staff
|Reports to||Vocational Services Manager|
|Job Purpose||This function is responsible for providing an effective occupational health service of the highest standard to TBI Health clients and assist in the development of the Vocational Rehabilitation service within TBI Health.
All service provision is based on the therapist’s clinical knowledge, training and expertise and should be provided in a timely fashion in accordance with guidelines and quality standards established by TBI Health.
|Criteria||· Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
· Appropriate professional membership.
· Holds a current practising certificate.
· Holds current professional liability insurance.
· Ability to communicate well internally and externally.
· Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate team leadership.
· Possesses strong organisational, time-management and problem-solving skills.
· Strong presentation skills
· Holds a current driver’s licence and has access to transportation.
|Key Tasks and Responsibilities||· To be a positive, willing, contributing and adaptable member of the team at all times.
· Performs impartial workplace and workstation assessments and workstation audits as required
· Co-ordinates the return to work process with clients, employers, physicians and sponsors in a timely basis to ensure smooth return to all areas of function and to establish return to work plans tailored to each client’s needs and abilities.
· Investigates the need for assistive equipment and/or education in the use of proper body mechanics, energy conservation and work simplification to assist clients to stay or return to work.
· Provides well prepared and relevant training/presentations to individuals or groups on topics such as manual handling and injury prevention.
· Maintains clinical records which are organised, factual, clear and accessible to any authorised person. Provides well-written, professional reports in a timely manner.
· Updates invoicing information on a daily basis.
· Liaise effectively with consultants, General Practitioners, case managers and co-ordinators and allied health professionals.
· Adheres to the service requirements of the ACC Vocational Rehabilitation contract
· Develops relationships with external and internal resources to better promote and deliver TBI services.
· Participates in continuous quality improvement initiatives within the company. Understands and promotes excellence in customer service.
· Attends general staff meetings and case conferences.
· Upgrades his/her clinical skills through participation in continuing education and contributes to ongoing staff education.
|Limitations of Scope of Practice||The scope of practice is limited as identified by the relevant professional Board.|
Back to all Job Vacancies